Home Remedies for Yeast Infection Discharge
Yeast infection is also known as Candida and it is generally caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeast named as Candida albicans. The important part of the body where yeast infection is caused is the vagina but on the other hand, it is also develop around the dentures, under the breasts, nail beds, lower abdomen and underneath the folds of the skin.
5 Natural Remedies To Treat Vaginal Yeast Infection discharge at Home | Yeast Infection | Femina Wellness
Mostly the chances of yeast infection are during the pregnancy, chronic health conditions, and use of oral contraceptive pills, diabetes, steroids and antibiotics. Women after menopause can also go through the yeast infection as the vaginal lining becomes thin due to the lack of estrogen levels. It may be seen that the men and women suffer from the yeast infection at least once in their lives.
You can identify the yeast infection through these signs: itching, swelling, burning around the affected area. If there is a problem with vagina then you will feel pain and discomfort during the sexual intercourse, burning sensation while urinating, constant itching and odorless vaginal discharge. You can find the best home remedies from this article to get rid of this annoying problem and to reduce the yeast infection relatively in a short period of time.
Yogurt, as we all know that in contains some bacteria known as Lactobacillus acidophilus that can be able to control the growth of infection in the body. In order to treat the yeast infection, you should use the plain and unsweetened yogurt only.
- You can apply plain yogurt externally on the affected parts and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. This will help in quick relief from itching and burning sensation.
- If you have a vaginal yeast infection, dip a tampon in yogurt and then insert in the vagina for two hours. Do this remedy two times a day.
- You must have to include the plain yogurt in your diet.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains antifungal properties that help in killing the fungi responsible for spreading the yeast infection.
- Apply coconut oil externally on the affected areas of the skin three times a day.
- You also have an option to mix equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil then apply on the affected parts for controlling the growth of yeast infection.
- In case of oral thrush, swish out the oil in your mouth for 10 minutes. You can also add few drops of tea tree oil or cinnamon oil before using it. Do this remedy for at least three times a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Both apple and white vinegar contain some individual components that can help in controlling the yeast infection and get rid of fungi caused by it.
- Mix two tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar (should always be like murky brown in color) in a cup of warm water then drink it two times daily for few days.
- Prepare a hot compress bath by adding some vinegar and soak your body in this water for an hour. Soon you will notice the skin irritation is gone.
- Optionally, you can dilute the white or apple cider vinegar with plain water then apply it externally on the affected skin area. Leave for half an hour then rinse it off with water.
Garlic is a fantastic herb to get rid of yeast infection as it contains many curing elements. The antifungal, antibacterial and natural antibiotic properties present in garlic can be highly effective in fighting against the yeast infection.
- Crush few cloves of garlic and make a paste. Apply this paste directly on the affected skin area. In case if you do not have fresh garlic, you can dilute garlic oil with vitamin E oil and few drops of coconut oil then apply on the affected part.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice several times a day. This will help in speeding up the healing process and produce effective results with a short time.
- If unsweetened cranberry juice is not available to you then you can take cranberry tablets available at the drug stores and use within two times a day.
- Boric Acid
How To Treat Vaginal Yeast Infection At Home | Natural Remedy
Boric acid is a chemical substance which has mild antiseptic and antifungal properties. Boric acid is highly negligible for the pregnant women.
- Dilute some amount of boric acid with water.
- Apply this diluted boric acid over the affected skin area and leave for few minutes.
- Rinse off the area thoroughly with water.
- Do this remedy for two weeks.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has powerful and effective natural antifungal properties and it is helpful in getting rid of yeast infection. Pregnant women should not use this remedy become some components present in the tea tree oil can be harmful for the bearing child.
- Dilute the organic tea tree oil with water or one tsp of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Rub this solution over the affected skin area several times a day.
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert in the vagina for three hours. Repeat the process twice daily.
- Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains natural antifungal components and is also good to boost your immune system.
- You can apply the oregano oil topically to the affected skin area. It can be irritating to the skin so you would have to make it dilute with water before applying.
- Alternatively, you can take two capsules of oregano oil twice a day.
Calendula is also a kind of herb that contains antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties which is good for treating the yeast infection.
- Crush three calendula leaves and apply the crushed leaves onto the affected area. Do this remedy three times a day.
- Make a tea from calendula extract that is also effective for treating the yeast infection. Avoid this calendula tea if you are pregnant.
- Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract is very much effective for treating the yeast infection because it has antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also restore the good bacteria in your body.
- To make this olive leaf extract at home, chop some fresh olive leaves and put them into a glass of jar with a lid. Pour some vodka over the leaves until they are completely covered. Close the lid and store this into a jar and place the jar under the darker side for approximately four weeks.
- Strain the liquid into another glass jar.
- Apply the solution to the affected skin area.
- Do this remedy three times a day to achieve the better results.
All above remedies can help to get rid of yeast infection and the annoying symptoms. If these remedies will not give you relief from the symptoms, consult a doctor.